Calendar of Events
- Community Wide Singspiration 2017-2018. All are invited to join in fellowship & song at the host church, held the second Sunday (monthly) at 4 PM. The first date will be on September 10, 2017, and hosted by Woodlawn Presbyterian Church. St. John’s Episcopal Church, Hopewell will host on January 14, 2018. (See link/attachment for additional locations and dates!)
- Labor Day is September 4th. St.John’s will be closed on Monday, September 4th to observe Labor Day.
- Sunday School Kick off Sunday, September 10th during the 10:30 AM service. On Sunday, September 10th St. John’s will be kicking off the new school year! During the 10:30 am service we will commission the teachers and students – Please join us in starting out another successful school year!
- Sunday – Sundae will be September 10th! Join us after the 10:30 am service for fellowship and enjoy a decadent ice cream sundae!
- Beans & Rice Ministry Saturday, September 16th. Join us at 9 am to 11 am on Saturday, September 16th in front of Eppes Hall – to receive or help distribute uncooked beans & rice. Volunteers are needed at 8:30 am to help – Thank you!
- St. Martha’s Meets September 20th. St. Martha’s meets in Eppes Hall at Noon on Wednesday, September 20th.
- Vestry Meeting September 21st. St. John’s Vestry will meet on Thursday, September 21st at 7 PM in Ribble Hall.
- St. Martha’s Guild to host a Coffee on September 24th after services. Join us for coffee & fellowship on Sunday, September 24th in Eppes Hall after the 10:30 AM service.
- Annual Church Picnic at Coggins Point Farm will be held on October 8th at 10:30 am! There will be one service at 10:30 am off campus. Our picnic will be hosted by Mr. Enochs at the Coggins Point Farm at 10:30 am with our picnic following the service. Please bring a covered dish, salad or dessert – meat & beverage will be provided. We look forward to seeing everyone there!
- St. Martha’s Meets October 18th. St. Martha’s meets in Eppes Hall at Noon on Wednesday, October 18th –
- Vestry Meeting October 19th. St. John’s Vestry will meet on Thursday, October 19th at 7 PM in Ribble Hall.
- St. Martha’s Autumn Bazaar is coming up on Saturday, October 21st at 10 AM! Invite your friends & stay for lunch. Don’t forget to pick up a ticket for the beautiful afghan raffle! This year we have a great assortment of fall gifts & crafts – vendors & handmade items by our own St. Martha’s Guild will be just some of the treasures you will find! Mark your calendars now! Thanks for all the support we get from our parishioners!
- St. Martha’s Guild to host a Coffee on October 22nd after services. Join us for coffee & fellowship on Sunday, October 22nd in Eppes Hall after the 10:30 AM service.
- Cemetery Walk at St. John’s Episcopal Church, Hopewell – October 27th & 28th. Mark your calendars now for a guided evening walk through St. John’s historic cemetery on Friday, October 27th or Saturday, October 28th! More details coming soon!