Calendar of Events
- Memorial Illumination, December 3rd – If you would like to give a light, forms can be found in the Narthex or you can call St. John’s office at 458-8142. Be sure to circle/indicate if the light is “In Memory” or “In Honor” – they are $5 for each person/light. We will be lighting the church on the evening of December 3rd at 5 PM, the first day of Advent. Come join us!
- Sign up for Christmas Poinsettias before December 10th – If you would like to give a Christmas poinsettia “In Memory Of” or “In Honor Of” someone please sign up now! Deadline to order is firm on Sunday, December 10th. There is a sign-up book in the Narthex (or you can call the office at 458-8142) and they are $20 each. You will be billed by Anything Grows or you may pay St. John’s now. If you pay now, checks should be written to “St.John’s” with a memo stating “Poinsettia
- Advent Services at Noon on Wednesday, Starting December 6th – Bring your own sandwich, drinks provided on Wednesday, December 6th, Wednesday, December 13th and Wednesday, December 20th at 12 PM in the church.
- Christmas Pagent & Luncheon – Will be held December 10th after the 10:30 AM service.
“Caroling For Cans” will be December 10 to collect canned & dried foods for the Hopewell Food Pantry. This family activity is fun for all ages. Dress in layers according to the weather and wear comfortable shoes; this involves a lot of walking. Christmas hats, sweaters, scarves, jingle bells, reindeer antlers, etc., add to the merriment, and small flashlights will add to the safety! We plan to “carol” along Cedar Lane and the Francis Street triangle. Meet at church at 4:15 p.m.; we will leave church no later than 4:30 p.m.
- Beans & Rice ministry Saturday, December 16th – 9 AM to 11 AM in Eppes. Volunteers are needed at 8:30 AM to help hand out the Beans & Rice. Thank you!
- December 17th – 8 AM HE I Service & 10:30 AM Service of Lessons & Carols –
- Greening & Decorating of the Sanctuary for Christmas – Will be held on Wednesday, December 20th after the Advent lunch & program.
- Christmas Eve Services will be held on Sunday, December 24th – 5 PM Family / Youth (Informal), 10 PM Christmas music Selection by the Choir with 10:30 PM Candlelight Christmas Eucharist.
- New Altar Flower Calendar is up for 2018 – Sign up now to provide the Altar Flowers.
- Offices Closed on Christmas Day & Tuesday, December 26th – there will be limited office hours throughout the week.
- Feast of The Lights and Commissioning Service – Will be held on Sunday, January 7th at 5:30 PM. Come welcome the Wise Men to honour the newborn King.
- Vestry Retreat Saturday, January 13th at 9 AM – the annual Vestry Retreat will be held on Saturday, January 13th to include AED/CPR training in Ribble Hall.
- “Sing-Spiration” hosted at St. John’s January 14th – Come join us at 4 PM on Sunday, January 14th!
- St. Martha’s Meets – at Noon on Wednesday, January 17th
- Beans & Rice ministry Saturday, January 20th – 9 AM to 11 AM in Eppes. Volunteers are needed at 8:30 AM to help hand out the Beans & Rice. Thank you!