Calendar of Events
- St. Martha’s Autumn Bazaar is coming up on Saturday, October 21st at 10 AM! Invite your friends & stay for lunch. Don’t forget to pick up a ticket for the beautiful afghan raffle! This year we have a great assortment of fall gifts & crafts – vendors & handmade items by our own St. Martha’s Guild will be just some of the treasures you will find! Mark your calendars now! Thanks for all the support we get from our parishioners!
- St. Martha’s Guild to host a Coffee on October 22nd after services. Join us for coffee & fellowship on Sunday, October 22nd in Eppes Hall after the 10:30 AM service.
- Thanksgiving Food Boxes. November 5-19 St. John’s will be collecting canned & dried foods for Thanksgiving Food Boxes for clients of Hopewell/Prince George Healthy Families. Lists of needed foods will be placed in the Narthex.
- One Homecoming Service at 10:30 AM on Sunday, November 5th! There will be one Homecoming Service/event at 10:30 AM. Please invite all former & current members, friends & neighbors – or anyone you feel may have an interest in the history & mission of St. John’s. Members, please bring a pot-luck dish to share!
- St. John’s Votive Candles on Sale starting Sunday, October 29th. These uniquely crafted candles are boxed & ready to give as gifts &/or used as personal devotions. They are made from the wax from the candles burned on the altar at services throughout the years at St. John’s. The profits from these candles are intended to boost our Capital Campaign Fund. Cost: $7 for 1, or 2 for $12. They are available starting October 29th.
- St. Martha’s Meets November 15th. St. Martha’s meets in Eppes Hall at Noon on Wednesday, November 15th
- Vestry Meeting November 16th (1 week early due to Thanksgiving) – St. John’s Vestry will meet on Thursday, November 16th at 7 PM in Ribble Hall.
- Beans & Rice Ministry November 18th – Join us at 9 am to 11 am on Saturday, November 18th in front of Eppes Hall – to help distribute uncooked beans & rice. Volunteers are needed at 8:30 am to help – Thank you!
- Cub Scout Pie Fundraiser After Services Sunday, November 19th – after the 10:30 am service November 19th, stop and get your “Southern Chess Pie” that was graciously made in the kitchen of Frank & Carolyn. Donations accepted for each—proceeds to St. John’s Pack 921. Thanks for your support!
Yearly Stewardship Ingathering – Sunday, November 19th – We will have one service at 10:30 AM – Pledge cards will have gone out & can be dropped in the offering plate, mailed or brought by the office now until November 26th*. We would like to have all pledges in by this date so we can present a balanced budget at our Congregational Meeting on Dec. 3, 2017. Extra pledge cards can be found in the Narthex.
- St. Martha’s to host a Thanksgiving Coffee on Sunday, November 19th – Join us for coffee & fellowship hosted by St. Martha’s in Eppes Hall after services on Sunday, November 19th
- St. John’s will be closed on Thursday, November 23rd – In observance of Thanksgiving Day.